Air Conditioning Maintenance
Central Air Conditioner Maintenance
According to the U.S. Department of Energy estimates the average air conditioner in Tampa Florida operates 3068 hours annually. In automotive terms, a vehicle running at 35 MPH for 3068 consecutive hours will travel more than 100,000 miles. You wouldn’t consider driving your car 100,000 miles without changing the oil, and the same logic holds true for your home’s air conditioning system. Just like a tune-up on your vehicle can improve reliability and gas mileage. The best way to ensure peak performance and problem-free operation from your air conditioner is to have regularly scheduled maintenance performed at the beginning of each season. The DOE also estimates nearly half of a home’s energy consumption goes toward heating and cooling. So making smart decisions about your home’s air conditioning system can have a significant effect on your utility bills.
Our HVAC Maintenance Plans
Bloomingdale Air offers affordable plans, regularly scheduled inspections, and discounts on services should any problems arise.
$99 Performance Check-up
This thorough examination of your home’s heating and cooling system will provide notice and clarification of potential issues or repairs that may be needed. We’ll also assess the safety, energy efficiency and the expected lifespan of the homes HVAC system. It’s the perfect choice for a prospective buyer or anyone wanting to know the current condition and efficiency of a home’s air conditioning equipment.
- 30-Point Checklist
- 1. Measure/Check refrigerant pressures for proper levels.
- 2. Measure/Check refrigerant super-heat and sub-cooling temperatures.
- 3. Inspect all valve caps and/or seals for proper fit.
- 4. Measure/Check compressor start and run load amps.
- 5. Inspect/load test compressor start and run capacitors.
- 6. Inspect/load test compressor relay (contactor).
- 7. Measure/Check condenser fan motor run load amps.
- 8. Inspect/load test condenser fan motor run capacitor.
- 9. Inspect condenser fan for loose blades.
- 10. Measure/Check blower motor run load amps.
- 11. Inspect/load test blower motor run capacitor.
- 12. Inspect blower wheel for cleanliness.
- 13. Inspect indoor evaporator coil for the buildup of dirt and debris.
- 14. Measure/Check differential evaporator coil temperatures.
- 15. Inspect outdoor condenser coil for the buildup of dirt and debris.
- 16. Measure/Check differential condenser coil temperatures.
- 17. Check thermostat.
- 18. Check filter(s).
- 19. Inspect circuit breakers.
- 20. Inspect service disconnects.
- 21. Inspect electrical connections.
- 22. Inspect/Test blower control board and relay.
- 23. Inspect/Test resistance heaters and safeties.
- 24. Inspect/Test defrost control board and relay.
- 25. Inspect/Test reversing valve and solenoid.
- 26. Inspect Air Handler (Furnace) for mold and cleanliness.
- 27. Inspect Air Handler (Furnace) for level and support.
- 28. Check the condensate drain pan for cleanliness.
- 29. Check condensate drain line for cleanliness and pitch.
- 30. Inspect/Test condensate overflow prevention switch.
$159 Performance+ Tune-Up
This Multi-step inspection and cleaning process begins with our 30-Point Performance Check-up and continues with 15 additional maintenance services. Designed as a complete HVAC tune-up and not just an inspection, our 45-Point Performance Plus Tune-up provides a complete seasonal heating and cooling system maintenance solution.
- 45-Point Checklist
- 31. Lubricate all moving parts where applicable.
- 32. Tighten electrical connections.
- 33. Replace loose or damaged wire terminals.
- 34. Clean exterior of the equipment.
- 35. Brush out the electrical box.
- 36. Clean leaves and vegetation from within and around the outdoor unit.
- 37. Chemically clean condenser coil for improved heat transfer.
- 38. Vacuum/Flush condensate drain line.
- 39. Chemically treat the condensate drain line with a liquid drain opener.
- 40. Chemically treat condensate drain pan with a biocide to reduce bacteria growth.
- 41. Treat evaporator coil with an antifouling disinfectant.
- 42. Clean and treat mold growth within the air handler.
- 43. Treat air handler with organic odor neutralizing spray.
- 44. Change and/or wash air filters. (customer provided)
- 45. Inspect and seal Air Handler (Furnace) from loss of conditioned air.
$198 Performance+ Service Plan (2-Visits)
Our seasonal maintenance program offers all the services listed in the maintenance plans above but in a package designed to maintain the efficiency of both your heating and cooling systems. Bi-annual maintenance of your HVAC system is important because it can help you avoid costly repairs by catching potential issues before they become expensive problems. Our service plan includes, (2) seasonal visits annually along with the following additional benefits.
- – (1) 30-Point Performance Check-up.
- – (1) 45-Point Performance+ Tune-up.
- – Priority service scheduling.
- – 10% discount on repairs.
- – Automated service reminders